A poignant memory game and playable poem. The title, 'Rememori', is a conflation of the words, remember, memory and memento mori. Through multiple levels, the player grapples with the effects of degenerative dementia on an intimate circle of characters.
Here's a video screen recording of Rememori. I created the original work in Flash but the web has discontinued support for Flash.
In memory of my father, Bernard Wilks (1925-2012). I made the work while he was still living but in the latter stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
Publications, exhibitions & performances
Some of the places where Rememori has been published, exhibited or performed:
- 'Avenues of Access' exhibit of electronic literature at the Modern Language Association 2013 Convention, Boston, USA
- The New Works Festival's Digital Humanities exhibition, TheatreWorks, Silicon Valley, USA, 2013
- The New River Journal, Spring 2012
- Electronic Literature Organization 2012 Media Art Show: Electrifying Literature: Affordances and Constraints, Morgantown, USA
- Museu do essencial e do além disso / Museum of the Essential and Beyond That, in 'Sala De Jogos/Games Room'